Q&A – Maintenance

Q. What happens in the event of foundation issues and the slab cracks causing damage to the interior walls, etc.? Also, who is responsible for the windows?

A. Your documents will spell out which party is responsible for the maintenance of the components you are asking about. For insurance purposes, the association is responsible for all condominium property which is everything except:

Personal property located within the unit
 Floor coverings
 Wall coverings
 Ceiling coverings
 Electrical fixtures
 Water heaters
 Water filters
 Built-in cabinets and countertops
 Window treatment

About Fred Gray

Fred Gray is the owner and President of Gray Systems, Inc and is a licensed general contractor in the state of Florida. Fred has been part of the Community Association Manager Continuing Education industry in Florida since 1988.
Category: Community Association Management Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , No Comments

CAM Newsletter June- Paperless licensing comes to Florida

CAM Newsletter June 2018 Paperless licensing comes to Florida Effective June 7, 2018, community association man... Read More »

The Law Spot-Know the amount of insurance you must carry

Contractor Newsletter May 2018 Edition   Know the amount of insurance you must carry   Florida Adminis... Read More »

The Law Spot-Are your clauses allowed?

CAM Newsletter February 2018   Are your clauses allowed? Re-reading section 720.3075   If your hom... Read More »

Leave a Comment