Wynmoor Job Description
Position Title: Administrative CAM
Dept: Director of Association Affairs
Agreed Manager: Director of Association Affairs
Date: January 2022
1. Job Purpose
Reporting to the Director of Association Affairs, the incumbent supports the Association Liaison function of the organization, whose principle role is to provide advice, counsel, record keeping, and essentially non-financial administrative functions for all association boards of directors. The incumbent is expected to be an authority on Board operations, applicable laws, traditional procedures, rules and regulations, and serves as the point of contact for Board and resident compliance and legal issues. In addition, the Director manages problem-resolution for all Board directors and residents insofar as it pertains to association-owner relationships. The incumbent is involved with the election process, notices, proxies, minutes, violations, complaints, communications and functions for all associations, essentially fulfilling the portion of the Management Contract between Wynmoor and the associations with regard to Corporate Secretary services.
2. Principle Accountabilities
- Leading staff of multiple professionals and para-professionals; instructing, motivating, providing resources and professional development.
- Oversight and general policy direction for legally-required notices, proxies, resolutions, agendas, written consents, minutes, amendment drafts, and the like, sales and lease processing.
- Researching association governing documents and explaining meaning thereof at a high level of knowledge/skill, being cognizant of and considering historical variations, legal rulings, probabilities of success or failure, and providing advice and counsel thereof.
- Speaking about a variety of subjects at Board and resident meetings requiring experience with and behavioral knowledge of various audiences.
- Oversight for all Board elections and assistance to Administrator and President for Council matters.
- Policy consultation and operational interaction with all levels of management and resident leaders with regard to subjects affecting the community and general policy.
- Initiating, facilitating and fulfilling requests to and from other departments.
- Arrange for and/or personally provide training for association directors.
- Composing correspondence for associations’ communications with residents, owners and external organizations.
- Contact with new residents; orienting them to Wynmoor community living
3. Nature & Scope
- Reporting Relationships
− This position reports to the Director of Association Affairs
- Contacts: Residents, attorneys, internal Wynmoor employees
- Problem Solving: Based on knowledge and research, addressing issues that are brought to the office from above contacts
- Decision Making Shared responsibility for department issues and bringing any extraordinary issues to Director
- Planning and Organizing Complete work timely and according to protocol
- Job Challenge Working within a senior community
4. Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Mastery of Microsoft Office, property management system and e-mail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and address multiple tasks
- Patience dealing with all types of people and circumstances
- Ability to maintain balance and positive attitude under stress
- Able to think and work with distractions and interruptions
- Good appearance and good manners
- Above-average English: pronunciation, speaking and writing
- Superior interpersonal/explaining/directive skills
- Good telephonic communication
- Confidence and ability to address audiences and make presentations
- Physical and psychological ability to climb, bend, stretch, walk considerable distances without assistance, access difficult/narrow/high places, and sustained energy to do so through the normal work day
- Ability to work weekends or nights if occasionally required
- Current CAM license and sustained education credits
- Advanced knowledge of the field including applicable laws
**THIS JOB DESCRIPTION SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED TO IMPLY
THAT THESE REQUIRMENTS ARE THE EXCLUSIVE STANDARDS OF
THE POSITION. THE INCUMBENT WILL FOLLOW ANY OTHER
INSTRUCTIONS AND PERFORM ANY OTHER RELATED DUTIES, AS
MAY BE REQUIRED BY HIS/HER MANAGER.**